- Make you room feel more like a living environment instead of an empty cell; spruce up the place.
- Bring posters to hang on your walls, flags, fatheads, and any decorations you think will be necessary.
- I personally brought things such as a mini basketball hoop to hang on my door, mini hockey for the hallways, Xbox 360, and more.
- If you are rooming with someone else, make sure the accessories you are bringing are fine with your roommate as well.
- Know your schools policies and don’t break any guidelines for it may have repercussions.
- If you are into music, bring an instrument. I recently purchased a guitar and play in my free time.
- If you are into sports, bring a soccer ball, Frisbee, basketball, or any sport equipment.
- Beanbag chairs and foldable chairs are convenient when you have people in your dorm. I highly recommend them if you intend on hosting friends and classmates.
- Cork board and white boards are very convenient to have. Write messages or reminders on your white board and leave it on your door.
- One of the most useful accessories I use is command hooks. You can hang things from keys, to clothes, to hats on them. There is always a use for them.