- Invest time into knowing the temperatures all year round at your school. Pack for warm and cold weather, especially if you aren’t going to be going home frequently.
- You dorm is you new temporary home so make sure you have everything you could possibly need. When you arrive, if you realize something doesn’t have utility or there isn’t room for it then you can always send it back home.
- One thing to keep in mind is not to over pack, if there are things you usually don’t wear at home, you probably wont wear them at school. There are many things that I have brought and just create clutter.
- Standard dorm rooms are usually not big, so minimize the space you take up.
- Forgetting things at home can be a hassle to retrieve the further from home you are. So make sure you have everything you NEED before you leave.