- Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for books.
- Every school has their own bookstore where students can purchase or rent books.
- Books can be purchased or rented new or used. Renting books will be cheaper unless you ruin the book and you have to pay a fee.
- You are allowed to write and highlight in rented books so there really is not much of a difference in renting or buying other than the price.
- Buying or renting used books can be helpful for there may be notes already in the book. This may help you with your studies.
- Some teachers will require you to buy or not buy certain books. I personally waited to purchase my books but there is the risk of books being out of stock.
- You can also buy your books from other book stores such as barnes and noble or online at sites like amazon.com.
- Some bookstores will buy your books back but they won’t give you much.
- I recommend buying the books related to your major so you can refer to old books when necessary.
- Take care of your books, write your name in them, and don’t lose them! Books can be very expensive.